Hollywood is definitely stepping up its game. There are plenty of good movies and TV shows these days that people are eagerly spending more time at home now to get their entertainment. Viewing parties are actually quite common; for instance, young people have become such big fanatics of Netflix shows (such as “Stranger Things,”) which is why so many are spending our rainy Northern California weekends dedicated to movie marathons.
If your entire family is choosing to stay at home to watch movies and TV shows, why not just invest in a home theater? It’s a much safer place for everyone and it’s a good investment to make, especially if you want to boost your property’s value. You have an extra room in your home that will now be multi-functional and can provide space for you to spend quality time with family and friends.
If you’re all for a home theater set-up, there are professionals that provide specialized audio and video services you can turn to. They cover everything from the latest equipment for a home theater system to the task of creating a truly impressive home theater design. What’s more, they can accommodate any budget and you can be certain that you’ll be happy with the home theater you’ll get.
But before you get your home theater set up, these are the things that you need to consider for the design so you can maximize this investment:
- Room – It really can just be any spare room you have, but work will be put in if you want the home theater to be as comfortable as possible and to have the best sound quality. Also, it’s worth mentioning that the best home theaters don’t have windows. You can cover them, but they may not be able to withstand the surround sound technology and may end up compromising the theater experience.
- Sound-proofing – You may want this if you have neighbors that can hear the goings-on in your house. You don’t want to inconvenience them, especially for your evening Netflix marathons.
- Flooring – Theaters have nice, carpeted flooring; you may want the same thing for a more authentic feel to your movie watching. Also, your choice of flooring can contribute to sound-proofing and quality.
- Speaker placement – This is an important factor to think about, especially if you want the sound to be distributed evenly throughout the home theater. Your professional audio and video service provider can discuss the best options with you.
- Optimum distance, angle and height of the screen – These play a major role in creating a positive viewing experience. Given the size and depth of the room, the pros can determine how to position the screen so that viewing for long hours will not hurt the neck or strain the eyes too much.
These are the top considerations for your home theater design. Think about them thoroughly so your future home theater can soon become the fun entertainment hub for your family and friends.