All you need to know about Home Automation and Smart Home Equipment
All kinds of new home automation technology have been developed to improve the functionality of our homes. Some smart home systems are created to improve a home’s livability, comfort and efficiency, while other systems are created to provide more luxury and creativity to a home. No longer do we think of smart technology in our homes as a luxury upgrade. In our fast paced society it has become a standard upgrade with new home construction and an even more common invest men for homeowners looking to streamline tasks and create an energy efficient home. But what does it really mean to have home automation, and how can Specialized Audio and Video in Sacramento help homeowners to find the right home automation equipment?
What will Smart Home Technology do for me?
Home automation is designed to integrate different devices at home into one cohesive unit. Created with a combination of modern technology and an eye for convenience, having a system like this installed at your home can completely change your daily routine. With the help of Smart Home technology, you can control when a device is activated, how it is activated, and why it should be activated. You can set times when these appliances are to be used, or you can also switch it on or off when you want it. Such a system has great potential in improving your home’s convenience, safety, and energy efficiency, just to name 3.
Smart home automation uses a master control that has the ability to communicate with all subsystems in a residential or commercial environment. These subsystems include:
- HVAC/Climate Control
- Pools and Spas
- Security Cameras
- Audio and Video Distribution
- Access Control
- HVAC thermostat control – Heating and cooling systems constitute a bulk of a household’s energy expenditures. At the same time, when they are not programmed properly, it can bring a major increase to your utility bills. By automating these devices, it allows you to switch the heater or the air conditioner on or off when you need it. Not only that you can integrate your smart phone to turn on your heater or AC so your house is the ideal temperature when you come home. In Sacramento, that is a huge advantage in the summer time.
- Home entertainment– Audio and video are integral parts of a home’s entertainment package. Many of our clients come to us with a home theater project in mind and then become motivated to add on the smart home automation features once they find out all of the other cool things they can control. By using home automation, you can toggle different appliances from your home theater while using only a universal remote control or using products from Elan Home Systems. If you are using Chromecast or any other device you can control from your cell phone, imagine having full control over every TV and sound system in the home and yard from one device.
- Lighting systems– Being able to control every lighting system in your home doesn’t sound like it would be all that big of a deal, but once you have the technology to turn the lights on or off from a single device you will wonder why you didnt make the move sooner. This is a great benefit for someone who has trouble getting around the house due to a disability. It is also great for homeowners who have children who just cant seem to remember to turn off the lights. Imagine the utility savings you will see. You can turn the lights on or off on demand or by timer, anytime and anywhere.
- Home security cameras– home surveillance cameras are becoming fixtures in homes around the Sacramento valley. With the help of home automation, you can have a real time look into you surveillance camera’s lenses while perform commands such as moving the camera, recording videos, and taking snapshots. Total comfort and peace of mind when it comes to the safety of your loved ones.
Those are just some of the systems that can be integrated with the help of smart home automation. The changes to your quality of life and reduced energy usage are incredible. For Sacramento residents, there’s no better option than Specialized Audio and Video to design and install the smart home technology that will work for your home. Contact Us Today for your FREE in-home Estimate!