Ways to Disguise Home Security Cameras
Security cameras in plain view stop burglars from entering your house, but concealing them has advantages as well. Our home security installation company explains that when hidden cameras are installed in strategic areas, they allow you to observe live-action. Additionally, you can record it for future reference. Today on the blog, our team shares how to disguise home security cameras.
Additionally, you are capable of identifying and responding to potentially harmful circumstances that arise while you are abroad. Also, hidden cameras can be used to provide video and audio evidence in the following scenarios:
- How your babysitter or nanny acts around your child when you’re not around.
- You can observe how an elderly parent is being taken care of.
- A guest or worker taking items from your house.
How to Hide the Cameras
Cameras should be strategically placed so that they blend seamlessly with their surroundings. Hidden cameras are less likely to be detected if they are disguised as everyday home items such as:
- Plants that are man-made. Our Sacramento home security company recommends placing the camera in the plant’s container and cover it with the leaves.
- Make use of high points such as the tops of shelving, bookcases, ceiling fans, and artwork that is mounted high.
- Outdoor cameras can be hidden in a birdhouse. The classic birdhouse is an excellent location for concealing security cameras. We recommend look for an enclosed type with only a tiny hole in the front, which allows the camera to collect films outdoors while still providing a measure of security against vandalism.
- Entertainment centers. We recommend placing cameras within a media center’s shelf or cabinet.
- Soft toys. Hide inside a teddy animal to keep an eye on your kids and babysitters.
- Boxes of tissues. Covert cameras may record video through a tiny hole cut onto the side of a tissue box.
Set up a Video Doorbell or Garage Camera
Our friends at LMS Garage Doors, Sacramento garage door installation company, says that garage door cameras are becoming highly popular with their clients. Of course, we agree. Additionally, doorbell cameras with video are highly common. As follows, they add an added degree of protection and convenience while remaining unobtrusive in their appearance.
Also, with a doorbell or garage camera, you can deter robbers, keep a watch for home deliveries, and communicate with visitors.
Contact Us for a Consultation
We’d love to chat with you about your home security needs! First, contact Specialized Audio and Video today to get started. We’ll create a security strategy tailored to your specific needs! Search home security company near me.