Outdoor Automation for Your Smart Home
Smart home automation is a must in today’s world. What’s not to love about it? It makes life so much easier. If you’re on a mission to transform your home into a smart home, consider adding features to the outside as well. Deciding on the right outdoor automation for your smart home can be tricky. Our smart home installers discuss a few outdoor automation options.
Before Installing Smart Outdoor Technology
Before you can make the most of smart outdoor living and realize your outdoor smart home ideas, consider the following:
- Purchase waterproof appliances. Anything you put outside should be water-resistant. This includes your outdoor speakers and other smart devices.
- Make it simple to connect power to your new system. Connecting electricity to your smart outdoor technology is simple enough. Check to see if your smart outdoor lighting is within range of your home’s WiFi.
- Please see that it is compatible with your home automation system. Confusion can be caused by competing home automation systems. To make your smart outdoor home ideas as seamless as possible, make sure they are compatible with any existing elements of your connected home, such as smart indoor lighting or your smart home hub.
Outdoor Lighting Automation for Smart Homes
Most household components have smart capabilities now, lighting being one of them. Here’s a short rundown of the different types of automatic outdoor lights you can monitor with the tap of a finger:
- Motion-activated outdoor automatic lights can either frighten would-be burglars or provide welcoming lighting for visitors. You might also use your smart outdoor lighting to trigger the porch lights when you’re away from home.
- Lights for entertaining: Set the tone for your backyard oasis as you and your guests relax! With the help of your smartphone, you can power your outdoor lights. Add some energy-saving dimmer light bulbs to make your lighting more environmentally friendly and flexible.
- Automated solar lighting: Energy efficiency is a vital aspect of smart outdoor living. Installing solar-powered lights outside will help you save money. What could be better than solar outdoor lighting? You can power your solar wifi outdoor lighting from your phone!
A key feature you must have in your outdoor oasis is smart awnings. There’s nothing like pressing a button, and your awnings or windows automatically retract.
- Smart exterior windows and shutters: Virtually every aspect of your house, including your windows, can be automated. Bring a little bit of the outside in without even getting out of bed by activating your automatic window shutters with the push of a button.
- Automatic window screens: On the other hand, if too much light from outside enters your house, there is an automated solution for that as well. With smart outdoor technology, you can lower your window screens instead of shutting your automatic window shutters, allowing light while keeping wildlife out.
- Automatic awnings: Awnings are no longer strictly for sidewalk businesses. Installing a retractable awning will turn your backyard patio into a modern, sophisticated outdoor dining experience, a fun outdoor smart home concept.
Smart outdoor technology isn’t just about looks and comfort. You can also use apps to keep your family informed of who comes and goes from your home even though you are not there. Our friends at Headwaters Construction Inc., a commercial construction company in Sacramento, recommend incorporating security systems in your home and business. It’s always better safe than sorry.
- Smart floodlights: Floodlights are perfect for instantly illuminating a room and can be easily programmed to turn on when it gets dark, at a certain moment, or the touch of a button. When combined with a motion sensor, this can assist you in finishing an outdoor project that lasts into the evening or stop trespassers from entering your house. Using WiFi outdoor lighting will help you with whatever you use your floodlights for.
- Security cameras: The mere existence of a camera can discourage trespassers, but smart security cameras can also provide live footage of outdoor disturbances.
Smart Speakers and Entertainment Systems for the Outdoors
Turning your backyard into another living space is the pinnacle of smart outdoor living. These automated outdoor entertainment systems will assist you in combining the best of both the indoors and the outdoors. Look no further if you’re wondering which outdoor audio and video systems you need.
- Home theater projectors: Setting up a projector outside is a perfect way to watch your favorite movies and shows while enjoying the nice weather. On an outdoor screen, a home theater projector with at least 2,000 lumens would really stand out.
- Smart speakers: Adding Bluetooth or wireless wifi speakers to your outdoor space can help create a relaxing zone or set the tone for an outdoor party. And, with smart outdoor technology, controlling outdoor speakers is as simple as opening an app.
Make sure to hire a professional for audio and video installation. Contact Specialized Audio and Video for an estimate on smart home installation.